Northwest Missouri Shooting League
Northwest Missouri Shooting League is a co-ed multi-week program, in late spring, designed to train and develop spot up shooting accuracy in a competitive shooting environment. By making this shooting league competitive you will feel the pressures of game shooting which is exactly what you need to be your team’s clutch shooter.
For grades 7 - 12 & Adult League.
AVAILABLE TO ALL ATHLETES AGE 7th THROUGH 12th GRADE, NOT JUST MID-BUCHANAN!
PAY THE NIGHTS YOU SHOW UP!
$5 IF YOU SIGN UP IN ADVANCE ONLINE, $10 IF YOU SIGN UP ON SITE!
Competition occurs at Mid-Buchanan High School Gym (3221 SE State Rt H, Faucett MO 64448)
Our idea is to provide an atmosphere where athletes can come to simple develop their shot and improve ball handling skills. Whether you are involved with a fall sport of not this league is designed to be once a week, later in the evening on Wednesdays.
This is NOT a league to scrimmage or horse around, but rather for players to developing shooting skills only! Each player will get an opportunity to hone their shooting skills while also improve on their ball handling abilities.
Each league night will be divided into 3 segments:
1. SHOOTING LEAGUE COMPETITION
A league team (composed of two shooters) will compete against another team to attain the higher team score in alternating head-to-head competition. A game for each player consists of 25 "free throws" and 25 "perimeter" shots grouped in 6 frames and recorded on a score card. See rules below.
2. "THE GUN" MACHINE WORKOUTS
“The Gun” is a machine designed to multiply and intensify your shooting ability. Shooters can get quick multiple feeds in resulting in quick feet, soft hands, rapid release, shooting with an arch (permanently) and building muscle memory.
3. 1 & 2 BALL DRIBBLE WORKOUTS
In addition to the competitive shooting league we also work on each athlete's ball handling skills through the use of 1-ball and 2-ball dribbling stations. Without a team’s solid dribbling skills shots will never open up in the game and good ball control is a must! These are workouts you can use at home!
Register as a team or alone and we’ll assign teams.
GREAT PRE-SEASON SHOOTING OPPORTUNITY!
Northwest Missouri Shooting League (co-ed for grades 7 - 12) in more detail:
This game provides a standard, highly-structured, competitive, free-throw and perimeter shooting challenge that requires participants to repetitively demonstrate consistent shooting (above 50% accuracy) in order to break the barrier to advanced scoring.
THE SHOOTING LEAGUE RULES:
1. Each team must have 2 players.
2. A game for each player consists of 25 "free throws" and 25 "perimeter" shots grouped into 6 "frames". A perimeter may be a 3-pointer (beyond 19' 9") or a 2-pointer (beyond 15'), shooter option anytime.
3. Frame 1 consists of ten free throw shots
Frame 2...ten perimeter shots
Frame 3...ten free throw shots
Frame 4...ten perimeter shots
Frame 5...five free throw shots
Frame 6...five perimeter shots
4. Each player must shoot all shots within the time frame shown below. Last shot only counts if it has left the shooting hand when time expires.
Frame 1 ... 90 seconds
Frame 2 ... 60 seconds
Frame 3 ... 90 seconds
Frame 4 ... 60 seconds
Frame 5 ... 45 seconds
Frame 6 ... 30 seconds
5. Perimeter shots taken in "around the world" fashion from 5 designated spots:
- corner, wing, center, opposite wing, opposite corner
6. Points for each player are awarded according to the following system:
- made free throws = 1 point
- made 2-pointer = 2 points,
- made 3-pointer = 3 points
- 5 bonus points per frame if over 50% of shots made during the frame.
7. Play begins with league director beginning first 90 second frame. Teams alternate shooting rotations until 4 shooters have completed frame 1. Only 10 seconds is allowed between shooters within frame and between frames. Play continues in this fashion with teams alternating after each frame.
8. The shooting order of teams must remain the same for entire game.
9. All shots must be rebounded by teammate and passed back to the shooter.
10. One of the opposing team members must keep score on scorecard. It is both team’s responsibilities to confirm scoring after each frame.
11. The league director will maintain the timing between frames.
Here is our sample score card
Every evening will be unique with a lot of shooting, individual contests, and game type drills that will improve your teamwork and your individual skills.We will post scores online so you and your coach can follow your progress!
Co-ed for grades 7 - 12
COST $5.00 a person if you sign-up online via website or contacting coach ahead of time. $10 if you sign up as a walk in.
COME AND BE A PART OF THIS EXCITING HIGH ENERGY SHOOTING
C AMP AND BE READY TO SWEAT AND MOST OF ALL SHOOT!
Northwest Missouri Shooting League